Cuba: land frozen in time - so close, yet decades away. A Jewish community dedicated to its heritage across half a century of isolation and prevalent atheism. A rich and vibrant island culture, filled with dance and song, classic cars and donkey carts, rum, and cigars. Experience all this and more as we step back in time together.
ON OUR 7-NIGHT JOURNEY WE WILL...
- Hear fascinating lectures by Prof. Stephen Berk
- Enjoy a week of vibrant cultural discovery and a Jewish humanitarian effort via a special US State Department license
- Experience Cuba with all our senses amidst a mixed, vibrant and vital culture locked in time; step back to 1959 and see the cars smell the unique foods, hear the incredible music and sway to the sounds of Cuba!
- Visit the communities of Santa Clara, Cienfuegos, Trinidad and Havana, and experience their unique joie de vivre
- Visit with Cubans and see their culture, art and Latin flair!
- Share Shabbat with locals in a land essentially absent of anti-Semitism
- Meet with community leaders and hear their rich stories going back 500 years to Columbus
Roundtrip international airfare from Miami, FL
7 nights Hotel Grand Aston La Habana
All touring on an air-conditioned vehicle with an expert English-speaking guide
6 dinners, including Shabbat dinner in Havana
Entrance fees and activities per itinerary
Cuban emergency medical insuranceNOT INCLUDED:
Roundtrip domestic airfare
Cuban travel visa (purchase directly from airline on day of departure - Religious Activities category CFR515.566)
Tips to guide, driver & waiters
Meals not listed
Items of a personal nature
Gifts and aid (suggestions provided in advance)
Any costs associated with testing or related to proof of Covid/vaccine status.
Travel insurance (group policy